So I will freely admit I end up spending too much time updating facebook instead of updating my blog. It's an addiction that probably has a group somewhere on facebook dealing with it.
October...the biggest highlight had to be Halloween. Alexa was Supergirl, Elizabeth an adorable little witch, and Jacob a very handsome monkey. Both the girls were excited to dress up, Jacob not so much excitement there! Luckily they had both a party and the actual day to get into costume for. Of course Elizabeth still likes to wear hers at random and there is no parting her from it without battle when she's got it on. The kids brought home lots of candy which sadly I mostly ate. Damn weakness for chocolate goodness.
Alexa also got to go for a sleepover at her Grammy Karen's over Columbus Day weekend. We met Aunt K in Topsham for pick-up and from there she went apple picking and baked a pie (well apparently ate most of the inside prior to baking). She also had an overnight with Aunt M where she fell in love with a fake deer that thankfully wasn't allowed to come home with her!
All 3 kids got to have some one-on-one time with Nokomi during the month which was good for both the kids and my mom. Next up...taking more than one of them out in public at a time!
We had another wedding to go to...this time cousin Gregg. While we stayed late into the night (not getting home till after 12am!) it was well worth the family time. We also celebrated Ivan's 5th birthday. Mix in school and the usual at home activities, it was another exhausting month.
November - well we survived Thanksgiving vacation! This was Alexa's first long time off since school started. She was so happy to go back on Monday. We had everyone over for dinner so lots of good food and good company. If you went by what the twins ate you wouldn't have thought the food was good though, as they have become very picky eaters. Veteran's Day was also mixed in which Alexa spent most of the day playing at her friend Elle's house. Election Day went off without too much of a hitch if you consider taking 3 kids to the polls a good time. Thankfully all we had to do was walk across the street.
Alexa got her first report card which was good overall. We got to attend our first parent teacher conference. The only issue to report is the fact that Alexa tends to talk a bit too much. Not really much of a shocker there. She's got her first loose tooth which seems to be taking forever to fall out (much like they took forever to come in). She also got her ears pierced and has grown I don't know how many inches. She's getting to be a very tall, young lady!
Elizabeth decided to attempt potty training. We spent about 2 weeks in big girl underwear when I finally realized I was the one trained, not her. If she didn't have a constant reminder she'd just pee wherever she felt like it. She is quite the little artist whether it be on whatever paper she can get her hands on or herself. Talking up quite a storm and easier to understand most of the time.
Jacob is coming along in his speech. We've come to discover an extreme dislike for bathing which is fun. Nothing like showering in an enclosed area with a screaming 2 year old. His favorite activity is still sitting at the kids table putting matchbox cars into bigger cars (or parking them in the dollhouse).
Alexa and I also joined a Girl Scout troop. In order for her to join as a Daisy they needed another co-leader. I filled out my paperwork, got my references in order and have started my leader training. So far so good! I think Alexa really enjoys being able to interact with all the older girls and her stories seem to keep them quite entertained.
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs