Sunday night, after a weekend of cleaning mixed with reading, I ran away from home. My oldest decided to make cake, including homemade frosting. No big deal. Except she couldn't find the measuring cups. So she started rifling through the dishwasher, scattering clean dishes all over the place. Then decided to give up and ride her bike down the street to buy some. Leaving my house a mess.
But she wasn't alone. Her younger siblings had left stuff scattered all over the kitchen and hallway as well. While dad just sat watching tv.
So I ranted at them all then packed a bag and went to my mom's. Where it was quiet and clean.
Her response is that I let everyone get away with to much. I do my best to constantly be after everyone to clean up. I take items away and restrict privileges. But nothing seems to phase them long. And if the other adult doesn't really ever help...how can I ever win? It's a 4 vs 1 battle. Actually 6 vs 1 if you count the cats. I've never seen cats so keen on knocking their food everywhere, especially the water dish. And they will only eat it if it's in the bowl...not around it.
My kids have fancy chore charts that see no action, other than gathering dust. I've offered money for help but can't find takers. I suppose I just have to keep butting my head against the wall and hound them till they finally get it.
Or quit and move, leaving no forwarding address...
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs