Here we are, already into the second week of what is already a very short month! January passed somewhat quickly in a blur of snow and sickness. First everyone caught a stomach bug, with Alexa getting the worst of it. J and E were barely bothered. Nevertheless it was not fun. Then she managed to get strep but thankfully no one else got it.
And the snow! If it wasn't canceling school it brought about delays that kept the twins from school. All of it also meant rescheduling appointments over and over again. Next week A will finally have her 7 year check up.
January also brought the start of speech therapy for J and E at school, plus OT for J at the headstart. It's only been a few weeks but already they are becoming easier to understand and learning how to use the correct sounds in the correct places. J's easy adaption to being left alone at headstart has been amazing. The first week I stayed with him. Then we had a holiday. The following week we were met at the door by his therapist. He took off his coat and off he went without a look back! Now if I could only say the same for E. She wasn't very happy about J going off to "school" without her. I took her to Moody's for some breakfast and that seemed to cheer her up. When we returned an hour later to get him she really wanted to stay and "have her turn".
A started a K-3 basketball program. According to her dad, who is also the coach, she's been showing some emerging skills. Good for her...I know I was horrible at basketball. I could run and dribble but couldn't get a basket in the hoop if I was standing over it (okay...slight exaggeration).
We also had it confirmed that should the pending sale go through on our building we will have to move by spring. So in addition to life in general I've been living with a knot in my stomach as we try to figure out what our next move will be. There isn't much in the housing department here in town. The one lead I had hasn't panned out as I can't seem to get a call back. I must admit the idea of moving into the "city" has it's appeal. More school options, daycare options, shorter commute to work, stores, and the library, which is handy as a 1 car family. But then you add in that we'd have to change and leave friends behind, again. Granted they won't be far away but even 30 minutes makes a huge difference. Even A is torn, she doesn't want to leave her friends but seems open to change.
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs