What an interesting winter we have had. Lacking on the snow which is bummer when you want to take your kids out for sledding, making snowpeople, or attempting ice skating. But when you have to pay for the oil it's nice because you shell out a lot less cash.
February was quiet...even though we had an extra day thanks to the leap year. We surprised Grammy K with a birthday party at Aunt K's house. Over February break we attempted a sleepover for the kids at Aunt K's. Only 2 of 3 went and they wanted home early the next morning...or at least the boy did. I'm not sure why they were so antsy but it left us not wanting to do it again in a hurry just because it's not a short drive!
March...much of the same. We did have a super nice week where it was in the 80s and we had ou the shorts and bikes. Now we are all back into layers and boots as we deal with bitter cold winds and mud. The only real bit of excitement was my new job. I interviewed at the beginning of March for an administrative position at one of the schools and was hired. I spent the first 3 weeks of March at the Superintendent's Office. And the last week of March training at the school. It was a pretty quiet week...or so I have been told. We will see what happens in the next few weeks as I am on my own! I feel that I've caught onto all the programs and routines pretty well - it'll be dealing with whatever curveballs the kids and parents want to throw me.
One big perk to the new job - most of the summer off, plus school vacations. Granted getting no money will suck a bit BUT it also means no shelling money over for daycare. And being home fairly early in the afternoons is very nice as well.
This week I head over to the elementary school to get the kids registered for kindergarten. I'm quite excited about the prospect of school! While I do worry a little about Jake, I think I think Liz is going to settle in just like her big sister. But I don't think the boy will be far behind. In fact...I'm taking a break from all the paperwork to blog, because I had to look up milestones.
Onto an exciting spring/summer...
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs