Yikes...another month nearly gone. And as usual it's been a busy one at our house.
Chris has been busy working at the Samoset, a combination of front desk shifts and his new position as inventory coordinator. In addition it's baseball season which means lots of umpiring. And he's coaching Alexa's t-ball team which means lots of games and some practices sprinkled in.
Alexa is finishing up pre-school. She's got just a couple days left with graduation on the 4th of June. I don't think it's dawned on her that in another week she'll be home all day, every day until September. That's when she'll go for her screening, open house (including a bus ride!), followed by her first day on the 8th.
Jacob and Elizabeth just continue to grow, learn, and master getting into things. Just this morning I found a butcher knife and scissors on the floor. Thank goodness no one got hurt! As I was putting them away I noticed that some of the knives were jammed into the wrong slots. Apparently Jake made good use of the chair his sister left out next to the counter. While I type Elizabeth is on my lap, trying to type while exploring the desk top. I have no choice but to let her be in my lap until she decides she's had enough - she just propels up my arm like a little monkey.
Both are starting to have word explosions. Elizabeth has a much larger vocabulary and is easier to understand. Jacob is slowly making improvement. He actually had an informal screening 2 weeks ago and goes for a formal evaluation the beginning of June. He understands everything we say but has such a hard time saying what he wants/needs to say without a meltdown (which can range from mild to terrifying). This week his new word is "mama". While I am quite excited to have him saying it to me it is getting a little wearing as he seems to expect a response from me every single time. Elizabeth's word of the moment appears to be "mine" and is used for about everything she comes in contact with (including myself).
Their 2nd birthday is now just a little over a month away. hard to believe how fast the days have gone!
As for me...I'm finding myself just trying to hold it together! I seem to have more days where I feel like all I do is wipe butts, laundry (wash, dry, fold, and even put away if really motivated/lacking in space to walk/sit), and dishes. Or I'm naughty and play games on Facebook just to feel guilty about it. My facial massage back in March (maybe April?) was so long ago.
My time for now is up although I'm sure I have more to get out of my head. But the kids are all clamoring for attention and I've got to figure out dinner.
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs