Here it is the middle of March (okay, not quite but almost!) and I have yet to do an update! There has just been so much going on and it can be hard to get to sit down at the computer for more than a few minutes, not to mention being able to think! In fact I can now hear someone crying courtesy of big sister screeching about the library.
February ended/started with Alexa being sick and then Jacob. Since then we've all been through a round of colds, got to love the germs! Everything could use a good disinfecting but I've yet to find the most effective way to do that to so many toys. Suggestions are welcome!
Alexa is busy with school three days a week. Kindergarten is not that far away and she's getting excited, or at least most days. I know she's looking forward to the bus. I'm just not sure how long that enjoyment will last. She's learning to spell and has gotten really good at telling the same bad jokes over and over again.
Elizabeth is working on building her vocabulary. I'm beginning to be able to understand a lot more of what she is saying. She can say everyone's name, one of her favorite things to do is run through the house yelling "Jakey!". At first we thought she was hollering "Daddy!" until the day she chased Jacob down to give him his drink. She's quite the little mother and does a good job of taking care of her baby doll. Her random clothing fetish continues - from head to toe, you can never be sure what you might find her in. On the other hand she likes to streak!
Jacob is more quiet but very loving. He's the one most likely to give you a big hug and snuggle. He's not quite as chatty as Elizabeth but he does understand the things you say to him. He has developed quite a love for his dump trucks and tractors. Of course he's usually playing with them wearing his beaded necklaces and may be pushing Barbie around in them.
We are all awaiting the arrival of spring. Today is a cold rainy day, so different from this weekend. We're trying to get out for walks when we can and soon the playground will be accessible again!
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs