Phew...one month I am very glad to see over. It was a long one and half the month was spent taking care of a sick Alexa.
Chris ended up not taking her to the ER like he said he would. Instead we waited till Wednesday morning for her appointment. The doctor apparently took one look at her and just sent them right to Pen Bay. The nurse had weighed her and she had lost 4 lbs since being there Friday, not a good thing.
I wasn't able to get over to see her until Thursday courtesy of a nasty snowstorm and 3 balding tires. We all spent a few hours there that afternoon. What fun! There is nothing better than a few 18 month olds in a small hospital room. Alexa got her bed adjusted a few times by Jacob. Thankfully the bathroom also had a lock on the outside of the door so we were able to lock them out of there. Elizabeth just wanted to snuggle in bed with her big sister. We tried to have lunch in the cafeteria but it didn't end well.
Friday I went over by myself for a couple hours. Alexa was nasty and cranky the entire time. Very frustrating to have her acting like that even though I knew she didn't feel well. She is most definitely not a nice sick person. Saturday I arranged to go over for a few hours then have my grandmother relieve me as Chris had to go to Gorham to officiate a wedding. I found out when I got there that she'd likely be released if she could keep her pasta down (serious infatuation w/ pasta those drs had!). We got the walking papers around 5:30pm and heading home by 6pm.
So she spent almost 4 days, and 3 nights there. Chris was able to stay with her the entire time while I was at home with the twins. The final diagnosis was that she at some point had a stomach virus and a bladder infection. Both of those just really messed her entire system up and caused her to be constipated and to have a large air pocket in her stomach. I'm still not sure what exactly they gave her to help clear things up but know that the pediatric GI from Portland recommended it.
Now we are all working on recovering - getting caught up on sleep and housework that wasn't done. The twins are glad to have their sister and dad home. They were waking up every morning, especially Liz, looking for them.
These were taken the night before she went to the hospital. Don't mind the freaky face - she says she was trying to smile like Dora in Dora Saves the Snow Princess.
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs