The first official day of spring must be right around the corner. The snowbanks are receding at a pretty rapid pace, the snowfort now a memory. The days have been a bit warmer while the nights still are pretty chilly. After the snow comes the mud, which should be interesting this year. I've yet to go invest in some muddin' boots for the kids and myself. I should probably think about moving it to the top of my agenda!
I've got another bloody cold coming on. So all day I have been suffering the tingle of a sneeze yet nothing happens. Personally I think that is the worst, it'd be so much better to just sneeze. Only one of the kids seems afflicted and unfortunately it's Jacob who handles colds the worst. Hopefully he'll make it through this one without any asthma issues. On top of that Alexa is sick again. The beginning of last week she ran a fever. I ended up calling the doctor to check in because I was concerned. Not only with the fever but how horrible her urine was smelling in the mornings (still in pullups for nighttime). I was told to give her lots of water to drink and call if it got worse.
It didn't get worse till late on Friday. We'd gone swimming at the pool and she'd been complaining about being cold ever since. I just assumed she'd overdone it. Once we got home I took her temperature and it was way up again. Later that night she started vomiting. Very fearful of a repeat of January I called the on-call doctor immediately and got in to see him an hour later. A physical exam and urine catch told us the culprit - the poor kid has a kidney infection. I'm sure I'll be talking to our regular pediatrician tomorrow and hopefully prevent this from happening again. She's a little better today but in my mind is how quickly she got dehydrated before so I'm hounding her about drinking a lot in small sips.
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs