Last Wednesday we went to the Lobster Festival. From the looks of the weekend we went on the best day. Not only was there no admission to the grounds but it was the best weather wise - all sun yet comfortable temperatures. The rest of the time was overcast and drizzly if not downright raining!
Alexa had a blast going on some of the rides. Yes it was expensive to shell out $$ for tickets but she really does love them. There was also a touch tank in the marine tent so she got to play w/ some sea critters (and use lots of hand sanitizer after the fact).
Chris got lobster for dinner. And ended up sharing w/ everyone.
Alexa was still hungry after her lobster roll and my hamburger was a little too pink for me. The only one that didn't enjoy the lobster was Elizabeth - she'd either hand it to Jacob or try to throw it on the ground (gasp...what a waste...luckily I was able to catch it!).
For dessert...ice cream for the adults and Alexa. Frozen bananas for the twins...
This weekend we traveled to Portland for a wedding. Chris was the officiant and so we all got invited. The twins and I went with him - Alexa went to her grandmother's. It was a nice ceremony. Outside at Point Sebago - it was overcast but not uncomfortable and the rain held of. I was a little worried about the reception. It started with us being unable to find where to sit as we had no namecards. And then Liz decided she couldn't bear to be apart for me - not even to go to dad. If I set her down she'd just cry like her world was ending.
After awhile I was able to get her to settle down. She and Jake and the other little kids there had so much fun running/crawling all over the dance floor while adults talked and ate. We raced the twins with much cheering from the groomsmen. Liz won. I think it's because she had less clothing to worry about. I had tied her dress up around her waist because she was crawling into it. Jake had to worry about long pants slowing him down. Plus he kept getting distracted and sitting up to clap for people.
It was a long ride home and has been a long morning while everyone tries to settle back in. Chris had to work this morning but has the next 2 days off. I'm sure he'll be a load of fun this afternoon...
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs