It's been a busy week. And next week looks to get busier as we try to fit in the Union Fair, mini golf, and a trip to Gorham for Chris and Alexa next weekend.
Saturday ended being a beautiful day. We started with a stop at the post office, then got the car inspected, and then headed over to Grampa Fred's for some lunch and a visit. Sunday we did some shopping and went to the Rockland Library. Alexa got dropped off at the Samoset for some swim time with dad while the twins and I grocery shopped.
That was a very unpleasant experience. I decided to shop at shaw's. An employee was kind enough to get me a cart w/ the truck in front. Only problem was no buckles. I tried but after they started trying to climb out I had enough. They both got stuffed into the front seat of the cart and I hurried to get the shopping done. I was exhausted and grumpy by the time I left there.
Tuesday night Chris and I got to go out to dinner at Marcel's without any kids. It was a delicious meal and free (a one-time employee perk). We both got seafood and a yummy dessert to end the meal. Prior to bringing out the entrees we were given some lemon sorbet to cleanse our palette with. I mentioned to Chris that the sorbet would probably have been Alexa's favorite part - nothing like having dessert first! It was so nice to be able to eat your meal while it was hot, without answering questions, and not having to gulp it down super fast. It was like being human again!
Yesterday was nice so we did a road trip. First stop was Marshall Point lighthouse.
Then we headed to Birch State Park. Alexa didn't mind the cold ocean water and she had a blast collecting rocks and broken shells. Jake enjoyed eating the sand...
The only bad note is that our double stroller has lost one of it's front wheels. One had broken off last week but my uncle fixed it for me. Now the other side has come off. I tried to fix it but will probably have to get Stewart back over here to do it for me! With our other stroller left behind in Gorham we are in a bind. I'm borrowing a single stroller from my cousin Lauren (thank you!) which means one goes in the sling. Nothing like hauling an extra 20 lbs around to motivate weight loss I guess. Maybe I should just look into getting a back carrier...that'd be easier some days than the sling.
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs