I started my new job yesterday. I actually got hired back in May by Home Care for Maine but waiting to start after moving.
It was a busy first day. I saw 4 different people and spent 1 1/2 hours with each of them doing housecleaning (they call it "homemaking"). I learned one thing - women tend to be a bit messier than men. I could totally see myself surrounded by piles of my own clutter 40-50 years from now. While it was exhausting (over 20K steps on my pedometer for the day) it was nice to know that I made someone else's day a little nicer/cleaner.
My dad and stepmom came to the house to watch the kids. Apparently Alexa tried to test my father's authority. At 4 she doesn't really understand what a BAD idea that is. I love my dad very much but I know him. He's a bit grumpy and you'd better listen or you'll be sorry. And he's always right (well...in his mind anyways). Everyone survived which I guess the most important. Alexa ended up spanked a few times which I'm not necessarily okay with but I know it was probably one of the only ways to get Alexa to pay attention and realizing she was misbehaving. Jacob ended up overfed on veggies and pooped 5 or 6 times between 3pm and 11pm. Poor baby now has a very sore, red butt.
It has definitely been a change of pace working again. I think it'll take some time but that we'll all eventually fall into a routine that we are happy with. And hopefully I won't be left feeling totally exhausted at the end of the day!
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs