No...not my new nickname for myself or anyone else. It's a part of my body that I used to use on a regular basis. It had a quick reaction time and stored a lot of information.
Now it's not so good. I think lack of unbroken sleep over the last year has done it in. What makes me think this?
I spent Saturday morning freaking out tearing the house apart looking for the diaper bag. Chris swore he brought it in and then said I brought it in. Turns out neither of us brought it in. That's because I left it sitting on the curb in the parking lot near Movie Gallery. All I can say is thank you to the man that saw it and took it first to the nail salon and then over to Goodwill. And thank you to the Goodwill folks that locked it up. I got it all intact (was a bit nervous as my wallet was in it...buried under bibs).
My next incident for the day occurred while making Boston Cream Pie for Chris. I thought it'd be a nice Father's Day gesture and it is his favorite dessert. I'll admit I cheated - boxed cake mix, instant pudding, and Betty Crocker frosting. Being the "brain" that I am I poured the entire mix into a 9-inch round pan despite reading the box saying use 2. So I ended up with a ring of cake mix on the bottom of my oven as it overflowed. I rescued it and scooped a bunch out and put it into the muffin pan for cupcakes. The house got a little stinky like burned cake but not too bad. And it still tasted yummy.
Disaster averted we continued our evening. We ended up going to Rhi's for dinner. After Alexa did 2 #2s in her pants we decided to call it a night. Get home and I ask Chris to get me something from the diaper bag. What diaper bag?
Oh yeah. The one I managed to leave behind AGAIN! Thankfully this time it was in someone's house. Chris rescued it this morning.
And remember the oven? Well when you burn the burnt cake remnants a second time your house gets really smoky and stinks. And it will eventually catch fire (the cake remains...your house I guess if you aren't careful). But kids are lucky because they are low to the ground and the smoke goes up.
I need some ice cream and sleep....
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs