I'm finally able to share what's been going on since Chris has finally announced he's not running for re-election.
Back at the end of May Chris voluntarily resigned from his job after an audit discovered some financial mismanagement issues. That has prompted an investigation which we are still waiting to hear anything about.
It's amazing how when you mix politician with money problems something that wouldn't have made news at all (probably) makes top headlines. And how quick it is to forget the good someone has done just because they made some dumb mistakes. That part makes me very angry and I can't really vent it out to too many people.
But there is a silver lining. The loss of his job has made it possible for us to move closer to my family. It's something we've talked about since Alexa was born. We discussed it last fall and Chris had decided not to run for office again. But got talked into it again by the powers that be (not me...the other powers).
It stinks that he has to announce on election day that he's not running. Now everyone thinks it's because of the controversy. But our family and closest friends have known for weeks that we are moving. We'll just have to suck it up and take the bad press, finger pointing, name calling...whatever ends up coming our way.
It's going to be great living near my family. My parents and siblings are very excited. Alexa's new game to play is Lion King 5 - Move from Pride Rock. Her packing skills need a little work though. We will miss being close to Chris's family and our friends...and having a grocery store be 5 minutes away. But we'll be living much cheaper and have a lot of different things to experience. It will be interesting for Chris and Alexa who've always lived in a city (or really big town). Life is going to at a much slower pace!
I've made up a calender to countdown how many days till M-day...26 left. Lots of packing to be done and lists to be made. On top of that I've got a 1st birthday party to plan. Well 2 actually - one down here, one up there.
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs