over and over...flattening everything as it goes.
That is how this week has been. One of those weeks that is long...yet fast.
Just 7 itty bitty days ago I was frustrated with Chris for being gone so much. Now he's home pretty much all day. That's what happens when no one has a job. I think we've seen more of each other in the last week than we've seen in the entire 6.5 years we've been married! And yet we aren't ready to kill each other...must be true love.
Chris was asked to voluntarily resign from his job on Monday afternoon. To me that means "you're fired but we want to be nice about it". It was mutual but it still stinks because it wasn't like he had anything else lined up. So we've gone from a one income family to a no income. Hopefully that won't last for long. We are both job hunting for at least temporary jobs.
Why temporary? Because this has made us change our point of view. I love where we live right now. Maybe not the exact crowded unmaintained 2 bedroom house that we rent but being close to our friends and having so many options of things to do. But it is expensive. And I have always felt that living down here we are only going to be able to keep our heads above the water...just enough to breathe without drowning.
So now we have the chance to relocate and try something new. To go somewhere and make some new memories to help wash the bad taste of failure out of our mouths. To get the chance to get ahead and build something more permanent into our lives.
I keep getting asked from those that know we are moving how I feel. Well...I'm nervous and a bit scared. The devil you know is always better than the one you don't know right? I second guess myself constantly and have that gnawing feeling I always get when nervous. But this is something that needs to be done. It's not going to be easy on Chris, Alexa or I. She seems to have inherited the gnawing feeling based on what she was saying to her grandmother last night. I guess the best way to trooper through is to start making lists of all that needs to be done in the next month.
Okay...done ranting I guess. To those that read this...thanks for listening!
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs