A little late but better than never! Here are the twins' 10 month picture with Gayla the dog. It's getting harder to get them when they aren't moving.
Milestones this month: Well we've got 2 walking fiends on our hands. Not walking alone but along the furniture. And everything can be used as a helpful tool for standing. I watched in amazement the other day as Elizabeth walked herself along the couch to the wall and then down the hall. Later that day I watched her use the fridge to stand...walk along that to the trashcan and attempt to pick through it. Note to self - find out if they make trashcan locks. They are also quite chatty and love to say mama and dada. Not saying Alexa just yet...maybe she'll settle for lala. Foods are preferred in a non-puree form. That puree stuff was just a messy disaster waiting to happen anyways...very sticky and ended up everywhere! Liz has decided she prefers an all 4s crawl over the belly crawl. She's much faster that way. Jake is a quick little snake that still prefers the army crawl...and he is very fast. He's also mastered sitting and has even managed to get himself into a seated position twice in the last week. It's nice to be able to sit him on the floor and not have him topple over. That's the one area he was behind Liz in.
Other funny things: Liz likes to scrunch up her nose and breath funny. I have yet to catch it on camera but it's a hoot. She also makes this interesting noise with her lips that I can't imitate. Maybe it's because I have more than 1.5 teeth.
Jake likes to cluck. He thinks it's funny when we do it back to him. I think we've also discovered why he's always seeming to shake his head no at us. It's his way of dancing. He gets his whole body into the "no" groove...especially when there is music involved.
Nothing is sacred. I used to think it'd be great to have a coffee table. Now I'm thankful we don't because it's not like we could keep anything on it. The only reason J and E don't get into Alexa's stuff is courtesy of the superyard my dad bought.
Here's how most use it:
This is how we use it:
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs