Christmas this year was an experience to remember. To start it was one where Chris was a total scrooge. He actually enjoyed himself, and had to be told to rein in on the Christmas gift shopping for the kids.
We started the festivities with a lovely Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's, joined by my brother and his family, and my dad and stepmom. I love that despite being divorced for 27 years, that my parents can come together for family events. The only one missing was my sister, but she was visiting her mom's side of the family.
Once we got home everyone got into pjs and settled in to watch The Night Before Christmas. Then set out cookies, eggnog, carrots and a note for Santa, before being tucked into bed. Apparently Alexa awoke around midnight deciding it was time to get up and shower. But eventually Chris talked her back into bed. I, blessedly, heard nothing.
I was the first to wake, followed by Liz. She was so funny - had completely forgotten that it was Christmas morning. She was focused on getting a donut for sleeping in her own bed all night. Chris and I had to prod her a bit by asking her who had come, and what those stuffed things were on the couch. Then she got excited and went to wake Jacob and Alexa. They quickly got into their stockings and were happy with what they found there. Especially Jake when he discovered things to eat!
Then it was onto gifts. Jake and Liz really got into the gift opening this year. They were happy to tear in, but also happy to look at and examine what they got. By the end though Alexa was getting a bit of a frown. She wasn't very happy that Jake and Liz seemed to be opening more gifts than her. I could read that as clear as if she'd been holding a sign. So we decided to let her open the last unmarked gift.
I think she was happy with what she found inside!
We cleaned up and got ready for Chris's family to come. They brought loads of gifts for everyone to open. Alexa got elected to play "Santa" now that she is old enough to read. But she needs a little more training - she was trying to hustle everyone along! We took a break for lunch and then got back to it. It was a day filled with fun, family, and good times. But not many pictures because my batteries kept crapping out. But that's another good thing about family - they are there to take pictures!
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs