One month of school down already. It just doesn't seem possible...
Besides everyone starting school this month and going apple picking (from which we still have at least 1 1/2 pecks left!) what did we do? A whole lot of hanging around the house really. It's hard to go far with Chris's schedule, school, and just one car. But the kids have had fun. Alexa's gotten everyone hooked on catching grasshoppers. We've had a few loose ones in the house, but at least it's not crickets! Soccer has also started for Chris (coach) and Alexa. That takes up a big chunk of our Saturday mornings. Only 4 weeks left of that, then it'll be basketball.
I also started working part-time at the Samoset Resort answering the phones. My position title is "considerate it done". This is because when you call I'm supposed to get done whatever you want as soon as you ask. Of course this would be much more effective with a little more training beyond "here is your phone, this is what you say, this is the list of extensions". But I am getting the hang of it and haven't had anyone complain about me or call back to yell at me for hanging up on them. Of course I'm having a hard time arriving on time, usually running 5-10 minutes late. My shift last Friday I ran right into the GM, late as usual. Later I answered the phone wrong (gasp...said guest services instead of considerate it done) and got harassed for both. Fortunately for me it turned out I was really 50 minutes early, scheduled for 9, not 8. My latte was good though!
The twins have been enjoying preschool. I got one call to go change messy pants. They are doing great on their work, although apparently Liz doesn't like to talk to the teacher. I guess that's good in some way. While they are at school I've been either hanging around the house, or visiting with friends, and even playing hostess! It's amazing how fast 2 1/2 hours can fly by.
Other big things that happened this month: I got elected as co-President of the PTO at my first meeting. Of course I volunteered - how hard can it be? Time will tell! I also joined the recreation committee and have been working on talking Chris into chairing it. He had said yes but now is saying he's going to quit. Why...not really sure. It's a great gig for him, doing something he knows and helping kids have more to do in town. We also celebrated by birthday - 32 years. 40 sure is creeping up fast.
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs