Today marks the second full day of solo parenting, unless I choose to count Friday. I did get to spend the entire afternoon and evening as solo parental unit while Chris rode the train south to Boston.
My thoughts so far...
Friday night made for easy bedtime. A long drive combined with heat, food, no naps, and a tiring bout of school shopping would make even the strongest person tired. I basically brushed teeth, replaced diapers as necessary, and tucked them into bed.
And sometime in the wee hours of the morning found myself with company. First to arrive was Jake. Then Liz. Who immediately ran into Alexa's room for some reason, which woke her up. And of course Liz had to be next to mom but next to Alexa, right where Jake was. Solution - just sleep on him! Eventually all were shifted and we slept till about 6:30.
Saturday: Yard sale day across the street. I ended up dropping $20 and got my money's worth for sure. I'm not sure how much Alexa ended up spending. She handed over quarter's like folks tossing candy out at a parade. We did come home with 1 thing that I took over. But out of all that I donated, I'm okay with that. Dinner was easy since they were having a benefit supper. $13 to feed all 4 of us. Of course mostly desserts were consumed but at least bellies were full. Once again everyone was tired after uncomfortable sleeping and playing all day. Our friend C spent a lot of the day here playing with the kids, which they loved. I was able to get some housework done plus get Alexa's clothes sorted out.
I started trying to write up a meal plan last night but didn't make it far. I may go searching for recipes today to find something more inspiring to eat than mac & cheese with hot dogs or chicken nuggets.
Only a week left to go!
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs