A deep breath and a moment to pause before starting.
Sunday ended up being a lazy morning combined with a beach venture for the afternoon. It was a hot one and much more comfortable right on the ocean. Everyone got very sandy, very wet and thankfully, only a little red. Best of all - everyone wore themselves down. We came home and showered and then I got to work on dinner. L and D joined us for dinner and dessert.
Eventually bedtime rolled around. Alexa got her clothes picked out by me for the next day. She grumbled a bit about not being able to watch a movie but ended up being okay with the 30 minutes I allowed her before bed. She was out by 8pm.
Now if only everyone could have stayed out. As usual I'm not sure what time everyone started arriving, I just remember that Alexa was the first. Turns out she was scared someone was going to come inside and get her. Hopefully our chat reassured her that won't happen. Or that my bribe of everyone who stays in their own bed will get a lollipop with breakfast.
Monday - 1st day of school! I'll do that in it's own post. But it was another toasty one. The little ones and I just hung at home. They played and watched some tv while I tackled laundry. I managed to get them to take a nap, although they were out of bed 3 times in the first 30 minutes. I had to wake them to go get Alexa at school.
And from there we headed off to Penbay for Alexa's blood draw. It was a long wait, made even longer by the lab not understanding what the test was to be. They had to wait for a call from Dr. Lew. An hour later we were free. The kids did great and I decided to take them to dinner at the ClubHouse Grille. Smart choice because it was a better meal than fast food and cheaper thanks to the fact that two of the kids ate free. Home again, a bit of singing for the girls, teeth brushing and books. Now only the oldest child is left standing.
House status: Laundry - maybe 2 loads to fold/put away, 1 to wash. Dishes from lunch need doing. But the toy area is under control and the couch is free of everything. So far so good!
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs