Because I apparently don't have enough to do in my life I am doing some childcare this summer. Feels funny calling it "babysitting" at my age. That seems like a term that belong to teens and pre-teens. I've got 5 different kids that come on different days. One is just for 4-5 hours a week. One has been nearly 40. The other 3 will be here just one day week, they start this week.
My mother (and apparently my SIL as well) think I'm a little crazy. I don't disagree with that but I like to think of it as a good crazy. Sure there are days that I want to put all of them out to the curb (even the borrowed ones...I think their moms might be okay with that).
Two weeks into summer and I'm already finding myself relying greatly upon my calender to inform me of what day it is and what's going on. I'm learning what foods they will and won't eat. I'm learning that some are always hungry and that the only way to get them to drink water would be to stick their heads under in the kiddie pool. *disclaimer...I have never actually done this, though the idea has crossed my mind*
They are learning how to play nice most of the time. They're learning that just because they are together doesn't mean they have to play the same thing with each other the entire time, that they can do their own thing. They're also learning to help with cleanup and maybe someday will grasp the concept of cleaning up as they go.
We've gone on a few adventures so far - the Farmer's Market and the beach, the local library. We've got the sandbox out and the kiddie pool to be filled on an as needed basis. I've got a list of activities that I need to get printed out onto slips of paper for the kids to choose when they are bored. I'm hoping to get a menu for meals and snacks together but it's just not coming together...guess I'm more a day of planner, a hard habit to break.
I am keeping our weekends free of other kids for the most part so that we can have some family time. Even if it's just sitting around the yard watching kids dig in the sand it's still an entirely different experience when it's just back to the 5 of us.
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs