I spent part of this evening going through an old box of cards, letters and other misc papers. Not paperwork that is way overdo for filing (that is in a separate box out of sight), but rather a collection of items from junior high and high school.
I learned a few things about myself. One is that I have always been a bit of a pack rat. I don't really think I need to keep my old high school library cards, what sort of sentimental value do those really have? The other is that I had a lot of male pen pals as a young teen. Not sure what my parents were thinking!
I'm not really sure why but much of my childhood is hidden behind a bank of fog. I will remember a few memories here and there but so much just seems to be gone. Maybe someday I can spend some quality time with a therapist to figure out why that is. But I did enjoy reading what I had saved. Especially some letters written by my father back in 1992 when he was in jail for growing too much weed. He's much better at presenting his feelings on paper, although he has improved at doing so verbally over the years.
The item that made me laugh the hardest was a life clock worksheet that I completed on May 13, 1992. I'm fairly sure I was in the 8th grade at that time.
Infant years: Apparently I learned to read at 3. I always knew I started school at 4 because I was always younger than my peers, curse of a September birthday.
School years: Rode my bike without training wheels at 7. Now I guess I shouldn't have given Alexa such a hard time because she accomplished it at 5. The other notable occurrence is getting my license at 16.
Work years: This is where real life totally diverges from what I had "planned". I was supposed to start my career, although what it would be isn't stated, at 26. I'd buy my first used car at 27 (who was buying them for me the last 11 years?). I was going to get married at 29 and buy my first new car at 31. This would be followed by a house purchase at 32, first kid at 33, and second at 36. I'm going to become a grandparent at 53 (most likely earlier given my oldest was born in '03). My mom is scheduled to pass when I am 64 with my dad surviving till I was 70. I would have been retired from my career 5 years at that point. My husband will die at 90, and apparently I will expire at the ripe old age of 92.
Real life version of the work years: Never really had any sort of "career". Worked a lot of jobs until the twins arrived. Finally finished college for good at 25. Married at 23, first kid at 25, second and third kid at 29. I can't even recall all the used cars I've bought for myself and sadly a new house or car are not in the foreseeable future. I guess for now I will continue on the path I am on and just try to be the best mom I can be!
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs