These days you never know what you might come across when you enter our house. It could look like we have no kids (those days are few and far between) or like someone recently ransacked the place (much more common). We have days of everyone getting along and days that everyone should be sitting in the timeout chair for the rest of their lives.
But it is fun that's for sure. As the twins get bigger they are more interested in everything. A lot of their play is probably a bit older than what other kids their age might do courtesy of having a big sister and other older friends to play with.
This past weekend we took advantage of a sunny, warm afternoon to go over to the playground at the school. Last year I had to force Jacob and Elizabeth up the steps to use the baby slide. This time I had to run in circles to keep an eye on both of them. Elizabeth is our fearless little adventurer. She had no problem following Alexa right to the top of the tallest slides. And then going down one by herself when our backs were turned for a second. I admit my heart about stopped when she landed on the ground. But she picked herself up and started laughing, then ran to go back up again.
Everything that Alexa does they want to do which is always very entertaining. These are from this morning. The new game is "we're having a baby". The kids started doing this the other day and the fun continues. Good thing we've got lots of balls around the house! The fun continued after getting dressed. Liz however decided her "belly" got in the way of her trying to cook in the "kitchen" so she popped it out. If only it was that easy.
It's hard these days to keep up with everything that they do and are learning. They just go so quickly from one thing to the next, filling their little brains. I'll let the pictures create the story...
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs