The more I try to think about events from after 10pm on Saturday July 7, 2007 the more blurred everything becomes. I'm glad I wrote down things and took pictures because I would have missed a lot. The memories most definitely need some sort of trigger.
I think this may be the body and brain's way of dealing with reality. It's just like forgetting how rough and painful labor and delivery is. The first year with multiple children is not easy, more so when you have them 2 or more at a time. But if all was crystal clear people might not go on to have any more children. And sharing the scary stories might scare off others from having children.
My big concern lately has been whether or not my OB actually did my tubal ligation after my c-section. This came up after talking with some friends, one of whom became pregnant after hers. Needless to say this is a very big fear of mine. My luck is that not only would I get pregnant but that I would end up having triplets! My mother told me I should have signed some paperwork and given consent. I don't remember any of that!
Luckily I have someone in my life that does. Yeah my dr should know but I also had a very good friend (who was a med student back then but now a full doctor herself) in the OR with us. Fortunately her memory is a bit more intact than mine and she was able to reassure me that yes the tubal was done and that the chance of me getting pregnant is incredibly slim. That is a huge load off of my shoulders.
Whenever anyone asks me what life is like with twins it's now become my standard to smile and say it's great. And sometimes I say it out loud (and always to myself) that I did survive the first year. And I've almost made it through the second year in relatively one piece with my general sanity still intact.
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs