Jacob and Elizabeth have become holy terrors. I think that if I was to put them into a padded room with no windows and nothing in it beyond themselves they'd still find something to get into.
How can such sweet looking children cause such havoc? Very easily!
Dumping: At first it was just their toys bins. All would get dumped and sometime thrown. Now they've moved from dumping their things to dumping ours. After picking cds up 3 times yesterday I started boxing them up. But first I had to put the right ones back in their cases because they'd switched some around. Another favorite activity is to pull all of their clothes out of their drawers. All I can say is thank goodness they haven't mastered opening our drawers! However, the dumping instinct comes in handy when it comes to loading clothes in or out of the dryer.
Climbing: What don't they climb? The walls, not that Liz hasn't tried. And they haven't been able to get out of / in to their cribs yet. First the bed was mastered. Liz uses the gaurd rail to haul herself up and over. Jake take the more cautious route. He climbs into the glider at the foot of the bed and then across. Now they've moved onto bigger and better. And it helps to have something to step on (this is where the emptied toys bins come in real handy). Now they can get onto the couch, the chair, the trashcan. Yep - the trashcan. It's handy to the sink now that the stool kept there has gone away. Jake started climbing on there and turning the sink on and playing in the water every opportunity he got so it had to go. So he came up with an alternative. The best of all in their climbing - the dining room table. When I found myself scrubbing footprints off of the surface I knew I had to stop it. Now the chairs must go onto the top of the table after meals. Lining them up on the wall isn't good enough when your kid figures out to push it across the room. Now I just need to figure out a solution to the computer chair. Just this morning they realized they can climb in that and get to all the treasures on the desk.
Terrorizing: Each other, their older sister, mom and dad, the cat. Just little things. Like tearing stuff apart. Standing in the way of the tv (that really sets Alexa off). Getting into Alexa's room. Yanking on the cat's tail and letting go just before the cat hisses. Taking toys from each other just because they can. Slapping people is a new game for Liz that we are trying to nip - it can hurt if she gets you just right. She just laughs when she does it. If you say "no" stern enough she'll either laugh or burst into tears.
While they do drive us crazy I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. Just this last month has been exciting/entertaining/insane. It was amazing watching one learn and grow. To watch two do it at the same time is really beyond description.
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs