We survived the holidays intact! We had a very busy, but family-oriented Christmas which was wonderful.
We started Christmas Eve by traveling south to have lunch with some good friends. We then headed to Chris's sister's house for unpacking and resting before the big family gathering on the hill. It's been about a year since we'd seen everyone! The kids did great despite only napping in the car (which I don't consider a real nap). We got back to M's around 9 and eventually got everyone to bed.
One bit of excitement during the night was the wind. I woke up around 2 or 3 to the house shaking, or so it seemed. Turns out that gusty wind blew our van down the hilly driveway. Luckily it just missed the ditch, and going into the road. But we couldn't retrieve it till some of the ice melted.
Alexa was so excited when she saw that "Santa" had filled the stockings she'd left out and enjoyed the cookies and milk. I wish I'd caught it on video because her reaction was priceless. The best way to describe it was just pure joy. When Grammy K and Grampa C showed up we got to opening gifts. There is nothing better than having the 5 year old that can only read her own name.
With the van loaded to more than full (of items, not gas) we made one more family party stop before heading home. It was so nice to get home and unload! We finished up Christmas on Saturday by having my immediate family over for lunch and gifts.
New Year's is uneventful for us this year. I was in bed by 10:30 because the twins woke up. I welcomed in the new year around 2:20am. Chris and Alexa have headed out of town for the day leaving me and the twins home alone. I was going to go visit my dad but it's too bloody cold and windy to go anywhere. So instead I get to do laundry...and catch up here!
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs