This week cannot end fast enough. It all started last Thursday...maybe Friday. That's when the ceiling in the twins room started to drip despite there being no rain outside. Luckily I've got the cribs positioned in such a way that it never dripped directly onto the cribs.
Later that afternoon it starts again. This time I happen to hear a washing machine running. So I mosey on upstairs to ask the neighbors to check their washing machine. They do and say "nope...no water. But it was spinning funny." Eventually the dripping stops. But it starts again for a bit on Saturday. So I call my uncle who comes over and tells them to not run the washer until they get it figured out.
And then on Sunday - again it starts. By this point I'd given up complaining because it was obvious nothing was being accomplished. To burn off some of my anger at the neighbors I did a kickboxing video. While I worked up a good sweat I still wanted to kick them directly.
Monday morning rolls around. My aunt (who is the property manager) calls to see how it's going and to let me know she's back in town. As I'm speaking to her I hear drips. But see nothing. Wait a minute...here it comes. Instead of drips out the ceiling it's a steady but light pouring. My aunt tells me to run upstairs and tell them she said to shut their washer off. The response "oops...I forgot."
Tuesday afternoon is a wet one. And about to get wetter. My aunt comes over with a handful of tools and begins to tear the ceiling out. It ends up being a family affair and a bit crowded. The neighbors are asked at this point to run the washer to see if the leak can be figured out. Nothing happens.
In the meantime where are Jacob and Elizabeth? Why they are napping in Alexa's room where they are sharing one crib. The other is in the living room and not really usable due to light and noise. For bedtime they get to squeeze into a pack and play together in my room till I go to bed. Not the most ideal sleeping situation and therefore grumpy babies.
Finally we come to today. Drip, drip, drip is what I woke up to at 6:30 (well actually J woke up wanting to nurse...then I heard it). A soaked floor (some landed in the buckets) and a spinning washing machine. And some soap bubbles just to prove that it is the washer.
Hopefully neighbors will use their brains (which don't appear to be very operable) and not run the washer. Because now everything needs to dry out really good so the ceiling can be replaced. That should hopefully occur over the weekend.
Thank god for that. I don't think I'll survive too many more days with cranky kids.
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs