What aren't we recovering from?
Chris is trying to recover from the nasty germ bug he picked up at the State House. He tried to blame it on the kids but this one is courtesy of the State. From what I heard many people up there are or have been sick (that's as in sick with a virus or bacterial infection by the way). He's complaining that it's taking him so long to get over because he's old. I think it's because he doesn't take anytime to rest...but what do I know?
All of us are recovering from our crazy out of town trip last weekend. Friday we went to visit Nokomi for the day followed by staying overnight in Augusta. Alexa was very excited about the hotel room. I think she was the only one. Chris was comatose courtesy of nightquil. Jake and Liz were upset about having separate cribs. I ended up feeling sick during the night but just had to suffer through. We spent Saturday visiting Grampa Fred. Well...me, Jake and Liz anyways. Chris and Alexa napped in Grampa's bed most of the day. That visit was followed by a stop to my cousin's baby shower and then a long drive home.
Alexa is spending some of today recovering from 2 injuries. First thing this morning she decided to jump and try to catch dust in the air. That ended in her landing on her knee when she leaped from her bed. The second injury involved her elbow.
She managed to hurt her elbow when running while carrying Jacob. I sound like a broken record telling her not to pick the babies up without my okay and then not to run with them. I think today she finally learned.
Jake had smacked his nose into the floor but at first everything looked fine so I put him down for his nap. I checked on them and found him sleeping on top of Liz. Went to move him and then was when I discovered blood all over the crib and poor Elizabeth (who was obliviously asleep). Cleaned him up and called the dr to see what I should watch for. It was a hard way to learn that lesson but I think she may finally understand why she needs to be more careful.
So that's what I'm recovering from as well. The fright of seeing your kids fall...especially when one is a baby. And having to clean up blood and booboos...all before 9 in the morning. It's only 10:30 and already it's been a very long day and I am ready for it to be over.
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs