Sunday, July 8, 2012
Instead I'm wide awake, much as I was 5 years ago. Or I was at least restless. All while the husband snored on (hmm...some things don't change). Back then though it was excitement over having finally delivered the twins and recovering from all the medications they had to give me for the c-section. Having arrived a few days earlier than scheduled they were almost 7/7/07 babies. To this day I blame the damn anesthesiologist and clearly remember the intern's comments of "this won't hurt a bit" as I felt him jam the needle into my back. And then again, and again, until finally the resident took over and got it done. And of course the contractions, which had been kind enough to wait, decided it was time to show up as they were doing the drug part. Oh J....why did you have to be so stubborn and be butt first?
5 years ago they were a whopping 6.1 and 5.8 pounds. Their sister was a very excited 3.5 year old. Now she's 8.5 and not finding them always so exciting. In fact she asked me the other day if she was happy when they arrived, and then asked me why. But that's just how it is with siblings. As for J and E - well they are a whopping 40ish pounds. I can't tell you exactly how tall but they are both above my waist (I'm 5'4") and can easily stand in a pool with a 3' shallow end.
E is busy mastering her writing, learning to ride a bike without training wheels and to swim. J is happy to ride his bike with training wheels firmly attached. He's happiest in whatever super hero costume he can come up with. E wants to do whatever her sister can do and J tries to join in when they will let him (and pretty much never gets to play the game the way he wants).
So happy birthday to my beautiful 5 year olds! Your arrival certainly changed all of our lives and since you've been here we've seen new homes, new jobs, made new friends, and learned a whole lot about ourselves along the way. I love the way you play and spend time with each other and hope that you always have that connection.
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs