I must say that summer went fast and without a whole lot of excitement for anyone in the family. I guess that is what happens when you work full time and the kids end up daycare! We did at least have the weekends and I tried not to cram them full of just errands.
Of couse we celebrated the twins 4th birthday with a big bash, which will eventually get it's on post. The weather was lovely and everyone was able to be outside. Although it was a little hot in the sun...
The 4th of July was spent with our friends A and A and their kids. They came up just for the day instead of a weekend of camping like last year. Sadly I wasn't up to enjoying the festivities to their fullest thanks to a bout of strep throat. Who knew you could get that in the summer?! I did enjoy some of the parade, and the kids loved it. After a BBQ lunch everyone else headed to the beach while I went to sleep. From what I hear they had a good time. Fireworks ended up getting fogged out and rescheduled for the next day. The twins and I discovered (Chris was working, Alexa was sleeping) that you can see the fireworks from our house. That was cool. Especially since they DID NOT like the noise involved. I can't (well I can but I don't want to) imagine their reaction had they been closer. Next year though we will remember to dress for mosquitos. They were incredibly distracting.
In August we celebrated Chris's 34th birthday and our 10th anniversary. We got to go out to dinner at Natalie's in Camden courtesy of a gift certificate. It was amazing food. And so very grown up. There were a couple of things served to us that I had no idea what they were. Of course I took pictures of the items in question and facebooked about it, while at dinner. :)
Alexa played with field hockey during the summer with the Oceanside Youth League. She loved it and discovered she's very good at it! Thankfully they continued the program into the fall for a few weeks.
I did manage to get a garden in and we got lots of produce. I am hoping that next year will be just as successful, maybe more so. I'd like to maybe be able to put some away for the winter...we'll see what happens.
We definitely didn't do all the things we had planned. I will do a separate post for the birthday party and our Taylor Swift concert weekend. That weekend was too awesome for a long paragraph. Summer just seemed to slip through our fingers.
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs