and our usual routine. This morning marks the end of April vacation and the last of any long amounts of time off until summer break in the middle of June.
Vacation started quietly. It was sort of like a snowball rolling down the hill, getting busier and busier (instead of bigger and bigger).
Monday Alexa had an all day playdate with her friend Ruth. While she was there the rest of us went to Rockland for errands and work (and a 2nd alignment courtesy of VIP).
Tuesday Chris and Alexa hit the road early in the morning for Boston to check out the Swan Boats and Alexa's first Sox game that night. Meanwhile the rest of us enjoyed Jake's speech session then spent the afternoon/early evening at my mom's house (thanks again for the new-to-us table!).
Wednesday had a trip to the aquarium for the Boston crew and a stopover in Gorham to drop Alexa off with Dylan for an overnight. The twins and I got to go back to Rockland for appointments and errands. We ended up having to cancel Jake's OT session after I discovered his "booboo" was really a nasty tick behind his ear. I let Dr. Lew pull it out and left there feeling like I'd been to the gym. Jake is a very hard child to restrain!
Thursday I headed out on my own for a day visiting my friends A & J and baby Z. I went with the intention of helping out with some housework but they had none for me to do. Instead we just hang out and chatted until Alexa arrived. Then she and I went for dinner at McDonald's and headed back home, arriving just before the twins headed to bed. They were so happy to see their big sister after being gone so many days!
Friday brought sunny skies and Elle over for a playdate at our house. The kids begged and pleaded to go wander in the graveyard for a bit. They were on the lookout for old fake flowers that had been tossed aside. But they also got to spend a little time reading gravestones. The other excitement was the fact that Alexa yanked out Elle's loose tooth. They came out of her bedroom - Alexa clutching the tooth in a tissue and smiling, Elle smiling with her front gap bigger and blood all over the rest of her teeth. We closed out the day with a freezing cold first t-ball practice and Elle spending the night.
Saturday started early with the girls being picked up just after 8am to go to martial arts. Alexa enjoyed her first visit and has been asking to go again. She then spent the day/night at Elle's house. To let Chris sleep (he had to do 4 overnights in a row that week) we headed to Rockland yet again for some grocery shopping (and lunch and DQ). We came home to drop stuff off and then spent a little time at the playground.
Sunday was another lovely day. We just chilled at home until Alexa arrived home just before lunch. She was exhausted but had a great time. She and Elle got a good fix of each other - going to different schools means not getting together as much as they'd like (though Elle being on her t-ball team will change that!). After the twins attempted naps (Alexa too) we went back over to the playground with Brenda and Dylan. Then home again where we attempted to play a little ball before we couldn't take the blackflies anymore.
A busy but fun week. And perhaps a taste of what's to come this summer. I know we have a few things planned or at least in mind. There is the birthday bash in July, Chris's family party is usually in July, and camping (twice) in July. We'd like to get a trip down to Boston in June before it gets too hot. And maybe a week at summer camp for Alexa.
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs