While it was a cool start to the morning (spent changing a tire with my 2 "helpers") the day brightened in warmth and sunshine. After gathering up shoes and coats we headed out for our first adventure of the morning - the library.
There it was the usual chaos in a small space, plus one since Dylan came with us. Now I don't mind bringing him along but my kids like to savor their time at libraries while he tends to be a "grab the books and run" sort of boy. I've been trying to limit how many Alexa brings home which has made her be more decisive about her choices. Jake and Liz have also been picking out a book each to bring home. Plus all the books they seem to randomly yank off shelves. Plus we read a few while at the library, and maybe play with the few toys that are there. And of course there are the in-depth conversations that the girls love to have with the librarians!
Our mission complete we set off for home. And there are so many fun distractions along the way. There is the door in the fence. The random piles of dirt and scattered big rocks. Sometimes trash, sometimes treasure to pick up. A ramp to run up, stoops to jump off of. And of course the little antique shop with the boats in the window. But eventually we arrive at our destination.
After lunch and some quiet time we headed out to the playground as a family. Once there we split into two groups - Chris and Alexa to hit some baseballs, the twins and I to the equipment. True to form Liz was quickly up the stairs and down the slide. Jake did his usual meandering up the stairs and down the little slide. But my boy decided to be brave and headed for the big slides all by himself. He even climbed the bar ladder for the first time to get to the top! Liz scampered up it like a monkey (although she didn't like being called one, "I not a monkey, I Lizzy"). She spent a good amount of time on the swings, even throwing a minor tantrum when I refused to push her any longer. They all hit the sandbox, threw some balls, chased the cat that liked chasing baseballs, and rolled down the hill. As the sun started going down and the breeze turned to wind we loaded the wagon back up with kids and gear and headed for home.
So all in all a successful, mostly happy day (minus the lingering dishes and laundry, I really have got to get after that maid).
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs