have I mentioned that I'm scared? I'm most definitely outnumbered and am sure to be outmaneuvered (wow...that's actually a real word!). I'm finding that even in a house as small as ours it is hard to keep track of everyone's location. The sad thing is only one of them is walking. I guess I'm doomed, need to get eyes in the back of my head...and sides, or have tracking devices installed/attached.
Maybe I've forgotten because it's been almost 4 years since Alexa was this age. Or like the pain of childbirth I blocked it out...only keeping the fond memories. I'm constantly picking up stuff, pulling someone out of a room they shouldn't be in (bathroom is a favorite followed by big sister's room), or sweeping someone's mouth for whatever they managed to find to eat (not hard when your big sis is dropping everything behind her as she goes...much like a tornado). Keeping up with them is exhausting and it's only going to get crazier as we spend more time outside and they become even more mobile. At least when they eat the stuff outside there might be some nutritional value...right?
It is awesome to see how they all interact with each other though. Sometimes I wonder if the twins even realize the other is there. I mean...they don't purposefully crawl over each other and intentionally pull on the other's body parts...do they? Every now and then they make eye contact and have a little laugh...sometimes it sounds like an evil laugh. Ok...maybe that's just the exhaustion speaking to me.
hmm...someone's awake again. I think Jake is getting some more teeth. He's incredibly cranky and fussy. Wait..nope it's Liz. It's probably dawned on her that she is alone in the crib with her brother.
Before I rescue her I have to share these pictures I took today. They are the reason I titled this post the way I did!
- weight/length @ 7: 55.6lbs, 48.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 42lbs, 43.5"
- weight/length @ 4: 36 lbs, 39+"
- weight/length@ 3: 32lbs, 36.5 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 26lbs, 33.5 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 18lbs, 29 inches
- walking: 11/17/08
- standing: 3/31/08
- crawling: army, 2/5/08
- first time rolling: 9/30/07, belly to back
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:49am
- birth length: 19.5 inches
- birth weight: 6lbs, 1oz
- weight/length @7: 53lbs, 47.75"
- weight/length @ 5: 40 lbs, 42.25"
- weight/length @ 4: 34lbs, 38"
- weight/length 3 years: 28lbs, 35.5 inches
- weight/length 2 years: 24lbs, 6oz 33 inches
- weight/length 1 year: 18lbs, 1oz 27.5 inches
- walking: 9/1/08
- standing: 4/4/08
- crawling: army 3/16/08
- sitting alone: 2/29/08
- first time rolling: 11/23/07, back to belly
- first smile: 9/7/07
- birth date/time: 7/8/07, 12:50am
- birth length: 18.75 inches
- birth weight: 5lbs, 8oz
- weight/height @ 10 (really 10.8): 186, 5'3"
- weight/height @ 8.4 years: 113 lbs, 55.5 inches
- weight/height @ 5 years: 61lbs, 4oz 45.25 inches
- weight/length @ 4 years: 49lbs, 42 inches
- weight/length @ 3 years: 38lbs, 38 inches
- weight/length @ 2 years: 32lbs, 8oz 35.75 inches
- weight/length @ 1 year: 22lbs, 3 oz 29.5 inches
- 1st day of preschool: 9/3/08
- solo somersault: 3/4/08
- whistling: 3/2/08
- potty training: 10/7/05
- walking: 12/21/04
- standing: 8/23/04
- crawling: 8/21/04, only a week, then became a butt scoot
- first wave: 7/27/04
- rolling: 5/2/04, belly to back
- sleeping thru the night: 3/1/04
- first smile: 1/20/04
- birth date/time: 12/4/03, 10:41pm
- birth length: 20 inches
- birth weight: 7lbs